Glucosamine and chondroitin preparations can also be used in the treatment because of pain relief and cartilage restorative effects. Liquid injections with hyaluronic acid, which will increase lubricity for the joint, are also among the treatment options. Hyaluronic acid provides a gentle slipping of the bones forming the joint and shock absorption during the weight transfer between joints. Physical therapy and rehabilitation are very effective treatments for early knee arthritis. In the following stages, the effect of physical therapy is reduced. Calcifications which do not respond to subsequent treatment methods and are in advanced condition can be treated with knee prothesis.
Patients with calcification of the knee should pay attention to:
– Knee pains are reduced when you protect your knees from strain, wear and tears, especially the load they should bear.
– If you are overweight, try to lose a few pounds.
– Kneeling for a long time causes knee strain. Avoid prolonged squatting.
– Perform warm-up movements for 5 minutes before exercise. Sports with suitable shoes. Do not perform sudden increases in exercise intensity.
– Stay away from exercises that overload the index. Do not perform movements that cause pain in your knee.
– You can reduce the load on the joints by strengthening the muscles around the knee with regular leg exercises. Increased muscle strength will also protect the knee against trauma.